Your website needs to be perpetually updated with your newest and best work, showcased with a fresh design.
Used to be, you could get away with updating your Internet presence every few years. Used to be you could send out marketing materials here and there. You need to be on social media, networking and gaining exposure for your work. In this new world of constant communication, it's easy to fall victim to "the overwhelm" and wonder: How often is too often?
THE OLD WAY IS NOT OKAY. NOT ANYMORE.
- Evaluate your website's design and performance.
- Add new sections, rewrite or reformat existing sections.
- Remove outdated or irrelevant content.
- Create new bodies of work and personal projects to invigorate your portfolio.
- Review contacts and aggressively design new ways to grow a strong list.
- Add new work to your website and rearrange the order of your work.
- Update your portrait on your website and in social media.
- Write new blog posts, sharing behind-the-scenes shots.
- Include previews of upcoming projects, and more depending on your PLAN.
- Change your cover photo on social media.
- Post 1-2 times per week on your social media profiles.
- Use scheduling tools to set posts to release at optimal times and intervals.
- Research several new-to-you potential clients and/or businesses.
- Keep up conversations on social media.
- Respond to comments, messages, thank re-tweeters and answer questions.
- Smile -- you wanted this business!