Don’t let the following tips fool you. They are simple, but they are the foundation of great business.
- Be a Decent Human Being. Good manners and gratitude are a huge deal. Being outgoing and caring for others are powerful values that shine in your work.
- Do Great Work. There is no way around this. You must put the energy and imagination into producing kickass work. Unless you can create mind-blowing product, you might as well quit now and get a “regular” job (apologies to those in traditional jobs which are no longer “regular!”)
- Show Your Work. If no one “really” sees your work, you’ll never be remembered or bought. Figure out how you will break into the world of being “seen,” make a plan and then do it. Over and over and over…so you will be “remembered.”
- Over Deliver. When you get someone’s attention, make sure you are worth the attention. Then, get back to them in a “together” way. Be totally engaged EVERY time you meet. This is how you get to work with them for life. We seek people “who get things done!”
- Follow Up. YOU need to keep after it – day after day, month after month. Again, I’m sorry. Nobody’s going to hold your hand. Aggressive sales tactics are for chumps. You’ll cash in by making basic human connections, by simply being available and keeping in touch. There are so many ways to do this. Everyone Needs A Plan.